The Hotel Wilshire
Los Angeles, California
- A 74-room boutique hotel has the challenge of differentiating itself from a wide variety of hospitality competition in Los Angeles. Knowing that design is a critical component to the guest experience, the hotel’s design firm KNA Design contacted Symmons for a Design Studio special project.
- The limited budget on the project influenced how design and product decisions were made. The client wanted a custom look but it was not feasible to create a fully custom suite.
- The boutique hotel consists of 15 different room types, including standard guestrooms, suites and the penthouse. All bath fittings needed to have a cohesive look.
- During the design process, Symmons showed KNA and Kellefer Flammang Architects bar faucets, wall-mounted tub fillers and faucets, which had been created for a property in Miami. The design was exactly what Kirk Nix of KNA was seeking for the guest bathrooms.
- Symmons was able to use product from the Miami project to outfit some of The Hotel Wilshire rooms because of the different layouts.
- For the bulk of the project, Symmons created custom Polished Chrome single hole faucets and lever handles for the shower.
- In 2011 the hotel was outfitted with Symmons valves, shower trim, lavatory faucets, wall-mounted roman tubs and bar faucets.
- The Hotel Wilshire secured a spot in the top 50 best-designed hotels and was acquired by the prestigious Kimpton® Hotel Group.
- The products designed for The Hotel Wilshire became the inspiration for Symmons Duro™ Collection.