Department of Mental Health Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital
Symmons has proved to be a strong partner for the Marriott flag and has been able to meet their operational and design needs for many of their properties. The Courtyard by Marriott hotels are no exception for the Symmons design team. After providing a complete suite of both custom and premium product for the Residence Inn properties, Symmons was asked to do the same for Marriott’s Courtyard hotels.
- The Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital represents an evolution in modern psychiatric treatment and the building was designed for patients’ comfort.
- WRCH was striving to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Certification; therefore water conservation was a priority in product selection.
- The 320-bed recovery center and hospital serves 260 adults and 60 adolescents from across the Commonwealth. Products selected for the facility needed to be durable and designed for the safety of its patients.
- Symmons offered a wide array of solutions for this project, including commercial shower systems, low-flow faucets and its custom design capabilities.
- The standard shower trim required alterations to meet the safety requirements of the facility. Using Symmons custom capabilities, a cone-shaped trim with push button for operation was designed, making the product ligature-resistant and safe for patients.
- In 2012, the facility opened offering its patients a safe, independent lifestyle in a modern, home-like environment.
- Symmons custom manufactured 300 shower trims that were installed throughout the facility.