Business Development Manager
Southeastern, MA / Rhode Island
Symmons Industries is seeking a Business Development Manager to add to its dynamic sales team. With 75 years as a market leader in quality and innovation, Symmons is recognized within the industry and beyond for manufacturing outstanding products and has a track record of consistently growing company revenue, year over year.
Symmons fosters a family environment that supports and celebrates the success of our teams, and thrives on a promote-from-within culture. We provide our salespeople with the ability to make decisions that dictate their own success, while supporting them within a collaborative framework.
We are currently seeking applicants who enjoy working with diverse customer base! The Business Development Manager will sell to an established customer base of contractors, wholesalers, architects and developers as well as open doors to new opportunities in assigned territories.
Job description: The Business Development Manager will drive specifications and sales of Symmons products through all sales channels. This requires the ability to develop relationships throughout the entire sales cycle (i.e., with plumbing contractors, wholesalers, architects, designers, specifying engineers and owners/developers). The Business Development Manager will communicate effectively with sales leadership and various team members to pursue and close commercial business deals within the hospitality, healthcare and commercial housing industries.
- Develop effective relationships with a broad range of key decision makers Identify, quantify and prioritize market opportunities
- Maintain sales objectives within a team environment
- Report through a cloud-based CRM database
- Work across a matrix organization that has both vertical and geographic responsibilities
- Work within a team structure to cross-sell customers in multiple channels
- Proactively make sales calls to drive commercial projects from origination of specification to installation of product
- Retrain and educate customers on Symmons’ products, highlighting their features and benefits through product demonstrations and presentations
- Effectively roll out new products into the marketplace
- Work with internal and external teams to translate market and customer needs into technical product requirements
A successful candidate will be:
- A self-starter who is highly driven to succeed
- Outgoing and able to effectively connect with prospects
- Able and willing to work with a high-performing sales team
- Highly skilled at project management tasks
- Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-up skills
- Comfortable with selling to a wide range of prospects—from plumbing contractors to architects and owners/developers
- Excellent at verbal and written communication
- A problem-solver with a strong desire to serve the customer first
Applicants are required to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree—preferably in business, engineering, management or another related area
- A minimum of five years' territory sales experience in plumbing, construction, tools or equipment industries
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with sales reporting systems or related systems
- Demonstrated sales skills
- The ability to travel by vehicle within territory (limited overnight stays)
Symmons Industries provides a generous compensation structure: base salary and bonus program with unlimited upside potential; very competitive benefits package that includes a company vehicle, 401K matching program and health, dental and vision program.
If you're interested in this tremendous opportunity to join forces with a rapidly growing, family-owned organization, please submit your application/resume at: https://careers-symmons.icims.com