CNC Tool Grinder
Symmons is currently seeking a CNC Tool Grinder to grind and repair simple and complex tooling used in the Screw machine and CNC department, as well as assisting other departments.
Summary of primary duties and responsibilities:
- Grind tools as required to close tolerances using manual and automatic grinders, including universal tool grinders and surface grinders. Typical tolerances range from ± .001” to ± .00010”
- CNC programming knowledge and having experience using an Anca grinding machine is a plus. Also, CNC grinding experience with tools such as counter bore tools, finish profile tools, roughing tools, and step drills is preferred
- Repair and sharpen tooling as required and construct new tools from turned and milled blanks, including cutter flute construction. Construction of features like center cut, chip breakers, and thru coolant is a plus
- Assist machine operators with tooling issues
Qualified candidates must have:
- Fixture, work holding, and clamping knowledge a plus
- High school diploma/trade school/ or beyond
- 5+ years grinding carbide and HS tooling is preferred and will give consideration to candidates who fulfill other requirements
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and hold close tolerances
- Strong math skills (trigonometry)
- Understand 5S principles and procedures and apply them to the department
- Knowledge of lathes, millers, and other shop machinery helpful
- Problem solving skills for diagnosing manufacturing issues with the tool wear and overall tool life
- Ability to apply silver solder techniques for joining materials like carbide to tool steel
- Able to use all measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers (internal & external), precision indicators, optical comparators, etc.
- Possess knowledge in the construction of tools that can perform after the tool has been re-sharpened multiple times and still meet the production standards in a high demand, quick turnaround environment
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Math and English by receiving a passing grade in Basic English Reading Comprehension and Basic Math as well as a Mechanical Aptitude Test
Symmons offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and a 401k plan with a 100% match up to the first 6% of eligible wages with immediate vesting.
Symmons Industries is a premier manufacturer of commercial and residential plumbing products, setting the standard for quality in plumbing fittings since 1939. From the development of our pioneering pressure balancing, anti-scald shower valve, to our expansive range of exceptional products for the kitchen and bath, we have maintained an unrivaled commitment to quality materials, superior engineering and solid workmanship. As an industry leader, Symmons continues to innovate within the custom fittings category, creating distinctive design solutions for premium hospitality and condominium projects. Pairing reliable behind the wall technology with stylish and durable products in front of the wall, Symmons is truly the smart choice in plumbing. Headquartered in Braintree, MA, Symmons is a privately-held company with regional sales offices and local representatives located throughout the United States and Canada.
If you're interested in this tremendous opportunity to join forces with a rapidly growing, family-owned organization, please submit your application/resume at: https://careers-symmons.icims.com